Today is supposed to be the Big Day in regards to our house purchase.
Having found ourselves with the world’s most lackadaisical seller AND agent…we saw the sun rising this morning with doubts about whether or not the sale was going to go through.
It doesn’t look like it is going to go through. The title company is getting the blame today, and I’m still worried about the unreasonably high “earnest money” fee being forfeited due to it NOT closing. I don’t trust this agent to tell us the truth. I don’t trust this agent any further than I can throw her, to be honest.
She doesn’t answer the phone, she doesn’t answer emails, she doesn’t answer text messages, and never responds to phone messages either. The agency’s office isn’t much better–we waited in the office, after ringing the little bell on the desk, with our none-too-quiet under 2 year old granddaughter in tow…while we listened to someone making obviously personal phone calls in one of the offices off of the main reception area. No one came out until I called it off and said we’d come back later.
Professionalism is not part of this agency’s vocabulary, apparently. It certainly wouldn’t be one that I would recommend on the Mississippi Gulf Coast either. They are also going to stay nameless until this deal is done, agency and agent alike. We’re not having much luck already with this group, and certainly don’t want to risk real animosity from the lazy bunch.
I am seriously irritated. It’s been a month of waiting for who-knows-what to get to the scheduled closing date. They cashed the earnest money checks, despite protocol indicating that these would not be cashed until the closing date.
I am also suspicious. I want something in writing about this deal being dragged out, indicating that we’re not forfeiting that earnest money.
So…I think we’d best be bugging that agent again.
What do you think?